Friday, December 9, 2016

Balance: Work & Life

Something that has gradually been grabbing my attention this semester in  my business class is the idea that our lives are centered on our priorities, and that it can be difficult to stay true to the most important priorities in the face of great success. Many of the stories and examples we've read this semester bring out the fact that some of the entrepreneurs are divorced, or have poor family relationships. I think that this can happen when we let business and success crowd out the more important things and people in our lives. My highest priorities are my family and my religion. The way that these will stay my priorities is by setting clear boundaries on what I will and won't do in my business. "I will not work on Sundays." This is something that I, thankfully, have great control over. I don't have to work on Sundays to support my family, but it can be tempting to just get on the computer, or even on my phone, to answer a customer's question. But breaking my rule in a small way could eventually lead to me completely disregarding the rule all-together. My life could go in many different directions, based simply upon the small choices that I make consistently each day. I choose to include my Heavenly Father in my day-to-day activities, and focus on spending quality time with my family. I hope I won’t ever let success in business crowd out these most important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment