Friday, March 22, 2019

W11 Reflection: Landing Page Optimization & Basic SEO

One of the most important things I discovered this week was that I hadn't properly set up my Google Tag Manager. I didn't realize that you had to hit the publish button to make all your tracking tags go live, so I hadn't actually been tracking my conversion data. I got that figured out and things are finally working properly there. It was so interesting to learn about search engine optimization and how to make your website do better in searches. I need to work on getting all my pictures set up with alternate text and descriptions that include the most important keywords. That way, when people pin or share my images, the keywords will be included and will eventually lead people back to my site. I also finally had my first two email subscribers today, so that was kind of exciting. I am planning to get a couple more posts published in the next few days, so hopefully the variety of content will help to attract more visitors to my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment